Ahead of our special anniversary event celebrating IRU’s 50 years of permanent representation to the EU, meet our New Industry Shapers from across the EU making road transport safer, more efficient and greener.
The New Industry Shapers project aims to inspire future generations and showcase road transport’s role in making the world a better, more inclusive, more prosperous and greener place.
Carried out in coordination with IRU members and partners, IRU’s New Industry Shapers campaign features a wide range of unique individuals, from mobility and logistics operators, associations and suppliers, as well as drivers, researchers and public sector innovators from all corners of the globe.
Here are some of the people driving the future of road transport in the EU:
- Ilary Ranalli, Sustainable Logistics Senior Project Manager at DFDS – Greening logistics: from the UN to the private sector
- Mads Skovsgaard Rasmussen, Project Manager at DFDS – Road transport 4.0: logistics automation from ships to trucks
- Xaver Loehr, Project Manager at DFDS – Accelerating the use of novel road transport practices
- Lenno Põder, Trainer at AUTOSERT – I became a truck driver to really understand drivers’ needs
- Christophe Knobloch, Road Transport Instructor at Education Nationale – How to best pass on knowledge to future generations
- Anton Gustafsson, Chief Operation Officer at CO3 SP. Z O.O. – Revolutionising data use from connected trucks and trailers
- Kai Neumann, Head of Policy, Sustainability and Public Affairs at BDO – More buses, less cars: the key to future mobility
- Theresa-Jasmin Meyering, Trainer and Bus and Coach Business Manager at Meyering Verkehrsbetriebe – Breath of fresh air: embracing innovation and incorporating new technologies
- Georgia Ayfantopoulou, Research Director at CERTH/HIT – Maximising innovation, collaboration and sustainability through research
- Antonio Torello, Chief Technical Officer of TN Torello – People and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do
- Fabio Curti, Operational Director of BRIGO SRL – Zero-emission transport is the future of logistics
- Marco van Kalleveen, Group CEO of DKV Mobility – Ushering the green and digital road revolution
- Iwona Blecharczyk, Truck Driver, Influencer and Owner-Operator of Imagination Iwona Blecharczyk – My calling: truck driver and industry advocate superstar
- José Luis Saragoca, Lawyer Specialised in Transport Law – My legal journey is not over yet
- Roberto Garcia Meizoso, Manager and Academic Researcher at Gasóleos San Marcos – Fuelling firefighting aircraft in the Iberian Peninsula
- Arne Lohage, Senior Technical Advisor, Regulations & Standards at Scania – It’s an honour: making sure electric vehicles are up to par
Join us tomorrow at our special anniversary event celebrating IRU’s 50 years of permanent representation to the EU to explore the EU’s past 50 momentous years, today’s mobility and logistics opportunities and challenges, with a focus on decarbonisation and digitalisation, and the long-term future of road transport.
The event, “Driving the EU: Where next? IRU’s 50th anniversary in Brussels”, will be streamed LIVE tomorrow, Tuesday 27 June, from 14:00 to 19:00 CEST.