COVID-19 has severely impacted people and business all over the world and IRU is continuing to monitor the situation and post regular updates.
Road transport services have been crucial in responding to the crisis, but many are now struggling to survive.
IRU is working to drive recovery in the world’s economies and communities by:
- Keeping drivers, workers and transport users safe
- Keeping supply chains and mobility networks operational
- Keeping road transport operators in business
For further information or to share recommendations, please contact us.
A round up of IRU open letters and responses by government and industry leaders
- 2 July 2020 - Next Generation EU: priority areas for road transport to drive recovery
- 4 May 2020 - Road transport industry call for action "Driving the recovery"
- 23 Apr 2020 - Open letter to G20 Employment Ministers from leaders of global industry organisations
- 23 Apr 2020 - IRU Croatian Presidency Letter - Call to support the continuity of the supply chains and mobility networks in post covid-19 de-confinement period
- 25 Mar 2020 - Basic continuity and survival of urban public transport and local mobility services in Europe
- 17 Mar 2020 - Coronavirus and its impact on supply chains and mobility network
- 19 June 2020 - Valdimir Norov, Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- 29 May 2020 - Angel Gurría, Secretary General, Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development
- 22 May 2020 - Asset Assavbayev, Intergovernmental Commission TRACECA
- 13 May 2020 - Alicia Bárcena, Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean
- 11 May 2020 - Hadi Soleimanpour, Secretary General, Economic Cooperation Organization
- 8 May 2020 - Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
- 24 Apr 2020 - Andreas Scheuer, Federal Minister of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, Germany
- 21 Apr 2020 - Sue Barrett, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- 16 Apr 2020 - Guy Rider, International Labour Office
- 3 Apr 2020 - Kunio Mikuriya, World Customs Organization
- IRU Coronavirus (COVID-19) Communication Toolkit
- IRU Recommendations for truck drivers during COVID-19
- IRU Recommendations for bus and coach drivers during COVID-19
- Survey - Impact of COVID-19 on road transport industry
- Опросник относительно воздействия COVID-19 на сферу автомобильного транспорта
- UNECE/IRU Flyer - Recommendations for border crossings during COVID-19
- IRU guidelines on deconfinement and social distancing for collective passenger transport
- Statement of R. Guillot, Chairman of ATA
- Joint UN call for smooth transit and transport facilitation to and from landlocked developing countries