IRU & Busworld Academy International Coach Conference will gather together leading coach operators and manufacturers with city representatives to consider the role of coaches in urban mobility and to examine different technological developments for the greening of coach services.
IRU will also unveil its “Coach of the Future” initiative.
The event is part of the Busworld Europe exhibition. Conference participants receive free access to the exhibition.
Registration & welcome coffee
09h30 - 10h00
- Redgy Deschacht - Busworld President
- Umberto de Pretto - IRU Secretary General
10h00 - 11h20
Session I: Coaches and cities: friends or foes?
Coach operators and city representatives will debate the place of coaches in urban mobility and planning. The focus will be the significant contribution to local economies of group tourism by coach and the challenges faced by the coach sector, such as city access and traffic restrictions in parts of Europe.
BDO study on group tourism by coach: results and recommendations - Nina Jaschke, Tourism and Statistics, BDO
- Damien Pons - Transport economics/ Tourism and mobility, City of Paris
- Sergio Fernández Balaguer - Communication & Consultancy Department, EMT Madrid
- Allan Edmondson - Head of Transport, ETOA
- Frans Schuitemaker - Managing Director, OAD
- Kai Neumann - Advisor for Intercity Coaches and Coordinator IG Fernbus, BDO
11h20 - 11h35
11h35 - 13h05
Session II: The clean coach of the future: development and deployment
Aspiring to eco-friendly vehicles, coach operators and vehicle manufacturers will analyse potential technological developments such as alternative fuels and propulsion systems for coaches. Current and future business cases for their deployment as well as business recommendations on how to achieve low-emission long-distance coach services will also be discussed.
The coach of the future: preliminary results of the IRU study - ISINNOVA
- Håkan Agnevall - President, Volvo Bus Corporation, ACEA Chairman Buses and Coaches
- Shao Nengqiang - Product Manager of European & American Division, Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Co., Ltd
- Isbrand Ho - Managing Director, BYD Europe B.V
- Tomas Byberg - CEO, Byberg & Nordin
- Paul Cremers - CEO, Staf Cars
13h05 - 13h20