Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA) Programme
The programme provides in-depth coverage of the ADR agreement with candidates taking part in practical exercises, case studies and discussion. Each programme is tailored to its specific audience, emphasising risk prevention at the warehouse or on the road.
- The main legislation governing international transport of dangerous goods by road is the UN ADR agreement
- According to ADR (Chapter 1.8.3), undertakings involved in such transport must appoint a dangerous goods safety adviser (DGSA)
- The DGSA’s role is to help the undertaking preventing the risk inherent in the transport of dangerous goods
Participants receive the IRU Academy Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser certificate when they have completed the course and successful passed the exam.
Who is the programme for?
The Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA) is a professional responsible for providing expertise on the safe transport of dangerous goods. They ensure compliance with regulations, assess risks, and advise on proper handling, labelling, and documentation related to the transportation of hazardous materials.
- The DGSA monitors compliance with ADR within the undertaking by carrying out inspections
- The DGSA makes sure that follow-up action is taken when non-compliance is detected
- The DGSA keeps a written record of all his activities
What you will learn
- Monitoring compliance with ADR
- Preparing accident reports
- Preparing annual reports
- Keep inspections short and focused, to minimise interference with operations
- To periodically change inspection patterns
Why train with the IRU Academy?
- IRU is the industry body representing the sector at the UN WP.15 which:
- Initiate and pursue actions aimed at enhancing the safety and security of the inland transport of dangerous goods and protecting the environment during such transport;
- Develop and update the Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR)
- Comply with the highest international industry standards
- Benefit from International recognition
- Meet and network with top industry experts
- Guarantee the highest level of quality, consistency and accuracy
Note: The DGSA programme is not yet open for accreditation for Associate Training Institutes to deliver the programme.