POLITICO Spotlight: “Charging up Europe: the road to Paris” at Shell and Mercedes-Benz’s event “On the road to climate neutrality: Powering zero-emission vehicles”
Questions to be addressed include:
- What is the main bottleneck for the EU to decarbonize its road fleet: infrastructure, investment, innovation, or vehicles ?
- Is there a commercial business case for recharging infrastructure and who is responsible? How to strike the balance between private and public investment?
- Are the targets the Commission’s proposed high enough, or are they too high?
- How can the EU offer countries flexibility without jeopardizing the effectiveness of the incoming rules?
- How can the EU avoid a two-speed Europe and ensure that laggard countries hasten the development of charging infrastructure?
- What is the role of CO2 standards and by how much should they go up to keep this green transformation going?
- Technology neutrality: should there be investment in hydrogen?