AFSD - Arab Forum for Sustainable Development , Recovery and resilience
Rami Karout, Advisor for the Middle East at IRU, will speak on March 17, during the session on "Technological transformation in the transport sector: challenges and opportunities for the Arab region"
Responding to the Covid-19 pandemic has created an opportunity to develop a sustainable transport sector that embraces the outcomes of the recent 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26).
In this sessio, the role of new and emerging
technologies in reshaping future mobility will be analised, while identifying the actions Arab countries should undertake to harness the power of these technologies for better sustainable transport sector.
- What challenges and opportunities did Covid-19 pandemic bring to the Arab transport sector?
- Which emerging technologies are at the forefront for the transport of the future and what advantage do they have for the implementation of Agenda 2030 and the outcomes of COP26?
- What challenges do Arab countries face in benefitting from these technologies?
- What requires attention in Arab countries to ensure sustainable future transport?
- What are examples of policies that can enable the regulatory systems to benefit from advanced technologies