IRU is at the Eurasian Week International Forum, the most prominent event at Astana World EXPO-2017.
Together with Eurasian Economic Commission, we are organising a session on the ever growing role of road transport in strengthening Eurasian integration.
Speaking slots include:
- Main Plenary Meeting “Competitiveness in changing world: new models, technologies and forms of management” on 24 August, 10:00 to 11:30
- High-level Conference “Growth Area for Transport: Digitalisation and integration of EAEU and OBOR” on 24 August, 14:00 to 17:00
- Panel discussion “Application of Digital Tools in Customs Regulation” on 24 August, 14:00 to 15:30
- Workshop “Doing Business with Iran” on 25 August, 15:30 to 17:00.
Conference “Road Transport: New Opportunities for Strengthening Eurasian Integration”
14.00 - 14.15Opening of the Conference
- Mr Adamkul ZHUNUSOV, Member of the Board – Minister in charge of Energy and Infrastructure, Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC)
- Mr Christian LABROT, President, International Road Transport Union (IRU)
- Mr Walter NISSLER, Officer-in-Charge of the Sustainable Transport Division, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
14.15 - 14.20Award ceremony of the Best Eurasian Road Transport Operators
14.20 - 16.00Session 1. Creation of a common market of road transport services within the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU)
Moderator: Mr Dmitry CHELTSOV, IRU General Delegate to Eurasia
- 14:20 - Contribution of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the development of transport, logistic and transit potential of the EAEU
Mr Asset ASSAVBAYEV, Chairman of Transport Committee, Ministry for Investments and Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- 14:30 - Road transport within EAEU and its regulation
Mr Alexei BAKIREI, Head of the Department for State Policy in Road and City Passenger Transport, Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation
- 14:40 - Main directions for creating a common market of road transport services within EAEU
Mr Duman DUISENBAI, Head of Road Transport of the Transport and Infrastructure Department, Eurasian Economic Commission
- 14:50 - Presentation of the IRU-EEC Analytical Report on the current status of the market of passenger and freight road transport in EAEU
Mr Alexander ZABOEV, Consultant, IRU Permanent Delegation to Eurasia
- 15:10 - Concerning the development of international bus services in EAEU member states
Ms Valentina LEONCHIK, Member of Smart Move Working Group in Eurasia, Deputy Chairperson of the Belarusian Union of Transport Workers
- 15:20 - Topical issues of international road transport
Mr Eldos RAMAZANOV, Board Member – Deputy Chairman, the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the Republic of Kazakhstan “ATAMEKEN”
- 15:30 - Monitoring of current barriers to international passenger road transport in Eurasian countries
Ms Elena ANFIMOVA, Regional Manager for Passenger Transport and Professional Training, IRU Permanent Delegation to Eurasia
- 15:40 - Topic of the speech to be determined
Mr Shirukhan GADZHIMURADOV, Deputy Director General of the Road Transport Agency, Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation
- 15:50 - Conclusions
Mr Dmitry CHELTSOV, IRU General Delegate to Eurasia
16.00 - 16.20Coffee break
16.20 - 17.30Session 2. Emerging issues of associations of international road carriers of the EAEU member states, key trends, bottlenecks, prospects and image of the future for the international road transport in EAEU
Moderator: Mr Alexander ZABOEV, International Road Transport Expert
- How would you assess the current state of the international road transport market within the EAEU? What are the main problems, that transport operators face, when working within the Union?
- What are the expectations of the international road transport carriers from creation of a common market of transport services in the framework of the EAEU and implementation of a coordinated (agreed) transport policy?
- How can digital tools improve the efficiency of transport, transit and logistics operations?
- What problems and risks can impede the future fulfilment of international road transport of goods potential in the EAEU?
- How do you see the future of the international road transport market in the EAEU, taking into account recent accession of China to the TIR Convention and the implementation of the SCO Agreement on the creation of favourable conditions for international road transport?
Participants of the discussion:
- Mr Kanat ALMAGAMBETOV, President, Eurasian Union of Transport, Forwarding and Logistic Organizations (EUTFLO)
- Mr Nikolai BOROVOI, Chairman, Association of International Road Carriers “BAMAP”
- Mr Teodor KAPLAN, Secretary General, Union of International Road Carriers of the Republic of Kazakhstan (KazATO)
- Mr Melisbek ZHUNUSOV, Executive Director, Association of the International Road Transport Operators of the Kyrgyz Republic (AIRTO KR)
- Mr Evgeniy ANTIPOV, Deputy Head of International Road Transport Operations of the Association of International Road Carriers (ASMAP)
Mangilic El prospect, 144/7