IRU & AsMAP UA will hold the 18th International Road Transport Conference to discuss intermodal transport links Europe-Asia, harmonisation of transport policies, digitalisation of transport documentation in cross-border operations and professional training.
The Conference hosted by the Association of International Road Carriers of Ukraine (AsMAP UA) will bring together transport and customs administrations, governments, international organisations and the private sector.
At the Conference IRU will also award the winners of the "Best Eurasian Road Transport Operators" contest. This annual international award recognises road transport companies for implementing best practices in environmental protection, corporate social responsibility and economic performance.
Wednesday, 6 September 2017
8.30 – 9.30 Registration of participants
9.30 – 10.00 Official opening of the XVIІI International Conference
- Mr Leonid Kostiuchenko, President, AsMAP UA
- Ms Svetlana Shatalova, Deputy Head of Odessa Regional State Administration
- Mr Umberto de Pretto, IRU Secretary General
- Ms Oksana Prodan, Member of Ukrainian Parliament
- Mr Viktor Dovgan, Deputy Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine for European integration
- Mr Altai Efendiev, Secretary General, Organisation for democracy and economic development (GUAM)
- Mr Yevgen Koziy, Organisation of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC)
10.00 – 10.30 Best Eurasian Road Transport Operator award ceremony
10.30 – 11.00 Coffee break, business networking
11.00 – 12.05 Session 1 Intermodal Transport Links Europe-Asia
- Expanding trade and economic cooperation with Central Asia countries. Attracting new markets.
Ms Nataliya Mykolska, Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade – Trade Representative of Ukraine
- The role of Ukraine in developing Euro-Asian transport links.
Mr Viktor Dovgan, Deputy Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine for European integration, National Secretary of IGC TRACECA in Ukraine
- Efficient use of Euro-Asian transport links potential.
Mr Giorgi Turdzeladze, USAID expert
- Ferry lines on the Black Sea.
Mr Alexander Kurlyand, President of Ukrferry
- Experience of the EKOL company in intermodal logistics.
Mr Akif Gesim, Sales Manager, Foreign Trade Center “EKOL” (Turkey)
12.05 – 12.30 Coffee break, business networking
12.30 – 13.35 Session 2 Harmonisation of Transport Policies
- The role of ITF in harmonisation of transport policies.
Ms Elene Shatberashvili, International Transport Forum (ITF)
- European vector of harmonising the road transport services market: challenges and prospects.
Mr Vladimir Balin, First Vice-President of the Ukrainian Transport Union
- Experience of Romanian international road carriers entering the common European market.
Mr Radu Dinescu, UNTRR Secretary General
- E-document flow in managing the permit system.
Mr Toivo Kuldkepp, ERAA Secretary General
- Integrated security solutions in logistics.
Mr Oleg Kabanov, Benish GPS
13.35 – 14.00 Q&A session
14.00 – 15.30 Lunch
15.30 – 17.30 Round table on topical issues of performing international road transport operations under cover of TIR between Europe and Asia (for associations and competent authorities), meeting room 3 in hotel complex “Odessa”
15.30 – 17.30 Workshop on performing international road transport operations through the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union organised by law firm “URVEST” (for transport operators), meeting room 1 in hotel complex “Odessa”
Thursday, 7 September 2017
9.30 – 11.30 Session 3 Digitalisation of Transport Documentation in Cross-Border Operations: Prospects and Opportunities
- Digitalisation of port handling operations: trends and prospects.
Mr Alexander Fedorov, Deputy Chair of WP.30, UNECE
- Digitalisation of TIR. Main results of Iran-Turkey eTIR pilots, future prospects. Promotion of e-CMR.
Mr Lucas Lagier, Head - TTS Computerisation, IRU
Ms Asli Gozutok, TOBB
- Use of TIR digital tools. Prospects for going paperless with transporting goods along the corridor Ukraine-Georgia-Azerbaijan-Kazakhstan.
Ms Natalia Sheveleva, IT Department of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine
Mr Nariman Uatkanov, State Revenue Committee, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Mr Vakhtang Korzakhia, Customs Committee of Georgia
- Topical issues of customs control of international road transport of goods. Advantage of TIR procedure for intermodal transport in the light of TIR expansion.
Mr Alexei Morev, Head of Control over movements of goods of the Customs Control Department of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine
Mr Leonid Khmelnitski, TIR Department, AsMAP UA
11.30 – 12.00 Coffee break, business networking
12.00 – 13.30 Session 4 Investing in Professional Training – Waste of Money or Sustainable Industry in the Future?
- Initiatives of the AsMAP UA training center in building professional excellence in road transport.
Ms Larysa Dobrukha, TCC-ASMAP UA ATI, Ukraine
- Training programme in international road transport for top managers.
Mr Andrei Smolyar, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Intertransavto group of companies
- Critical aspects when performing international road transport of goods. Differentiation of violations by risk profile.
Mr Alexander Vasiliev, TCC-ASMAP UA ATI, Ukraine
- The role of insurers in the activities of international road transport operators.
Ms Viktoria Shevchishina, Persha Insurance Company
13.30 – 13.45 Q&A session
13:45 – 14:00 Conclusions and closing remarks, adoption of the resolution
- Mr Umberto de Pretto, IRU Secretary General
Hotel Complex "Odessa"
Gagarinskoe Plato, 5