Driving decarbonisation through road user charging – will it work?
The European Road Transport Conference, IRU’s leading event in the EU, brings the European law makers and influencers together with road transport business representatives in a constructive dialogue on the future of our sector.
Supported by the Romanian Presidency of the EU Council, this year’s conference will focus on the urgent need for EU road transport to decarbonise and the best ways to do it.
Will solutions such as road user charging work for the European businesses? Join EU Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc and other top-notch speakers for an exciting exchange of ideas.
13:30 - 14:00 : Registration & welcome coffee
14:00 - 14:30 : Keynote speeches
- Romanian Minister of Transport (tbc)
- Cristina Falcone - Vice President, Public Affairs at UPS Europe
14:30 - 16:30 : Panel discussion
- Matthew Baldwin - Deputy-Director General of DG MOVE
- Kathleen Van Brempt - Member of the European Parliament (S&D)
- Christofer Fjellner - Member of the European Parliament (EPP)
- Alexander Klacska - President at WKO - Transport und Verkehr
- William Todts - Executive Director at Transport and Environment
- Max Zeumer, Vice President International Business, FlixBus
16:30 - 17:00 : Closing remarks
- Violeta Bulc - EU Commissioner for Transport
- Christian Labrot -IRU President
17:00 - 18:00 : Networking reception
Avenue de Coudenberg 1-3