On 18 May, the French government lifted the current driving bans to allow specified freight traffic during the Ascension and Pentecost holidays.
From 16:00 on 20 May to 24:00 on 21 May, and from 22:00 on 31 May to 24:00 on 1 June, driving bans are lifted for the following categories:
· Vehicles transporting food (for animal or human consumption), health products (for animal or human health) including all products and materials necessary for their production and provision
· Vehicles transporting materials, products, equipment, devices, fuels or fluids used for public construction works (the building or renovation activities for the service sector, industrial or commercial buildings as well as collective housing)
· Vehicles transporting manufactured products, including all products and materials necessary for their production and provision
· Vehicles transporting parcels in relation to mail operations
· Removal vehicles (for removals or relocations)
The empty return of these vehicles is also permitted during the period that the ban is lifted.
A consolidated overview of the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak situation is available on IRU Flash Info webpage.