Certificate of Professional Competence: Manager
Certificate of Professional Competence for managers
In a competitive and changing environment, companies need to be professionally managed to ensure sustainability and commercial success. Sound management includes complying with safety and environmental regulations and keeping up to date with the latest technology.
A competent, well-trained workforce is essential for a company to stay competitive. The IRU Academy Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) covers national and international compliance and gives managers the knowledge to perform effectively in a constantly evolving environment.
Who is the programme for?
The programme is for road haulage and passenger transport managers wishing to acquire the competence to run a transport company and obtain an operator’s licence where applicable.
The programme is available globally through the IRU Academy network of Associate Training Institutes.
What you will learn
The programme outlines industry best practices and includes the latest developments in relevant legislation.
• Transport trends and their effect on your business
• Vehicle operation and costing
• Legislative environment and what it means for your business and your drivers
• Safety, security and environmental challenges
• How to develop your managerial skills for business success
The training programme covers all requirements for haulage and passenger transport.
The following issues are covered:
• Civil law
• Commercial law
• Social law
• Fiscal law
• Business and financial management
• Market access
• Technical aspects and standards
• Road safety
Applicants for a national or international operators licence are considered 'professionally competent' if they pass the CPC exam demonstrating a solid understanding of road transport operations and compliance issues.
Why train with the IRU Academy?
All IRU Academy training programmes:
• Integrate best practice
• Comply with international industry standards
• Help harmonise industry professional qualification standards at the global level
• Are designed by industry experts
• Guarantee the highest level of quality, consistency and accuracy
• Are regularly updated to reflect new and amended legislation and latest technical developments