Certificate of Professional Competence: Driver
Certificate of Professional Competence for drivers
Professional drivers work in a complex legal and operational environment that is continually evolving. Their competence has a significant impact on the performance of a company.
Governments and companies, aware of the economic and social benefits of a skilled commercial driver workforce, are focussing more on training that equips drivers with the knowledge and skills to provide safe and efficient service.
The IRU Academy Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) for drivers covers post-driving licence training in compliance with relevant laws and industry standards. It applies to road haulage and road passenger transport.
Who is the programme for?
The programme is suitable for all commercial drivers at all levels of experience and is offered globally through the IRU Academy network of Associate Training Institutes.
What you will learn
The course covers all aspects of a driver’s job including:
• Vehicle structure and technology
• Coupling and uncoupling
• Rational and defensive driving
• Load securing
• Applicable regulations
• Health and safety
• Transport security
• Customer service
CPC driver training is available globally and is adapted to the needs of each region. Delivered in a traditional classroom setting, the programme combines theory and practical exercises.
Participants receive the IRU Academy Certificate of Professional Competence when they have completed the programme.
Why train with the IRU Academy?
All IRU Academy training programmes:
• Integrate best practice
• Comply with international industry standards
• Help harmonise industry professional qualification standards at the global level
• Are designed by industry experts
• Guarantee the highest level of quality, consistency and accuracy
• Are regularly updated to reflect new and amended legislation and latest technical developments