New Sustainable Development Goals impact road transport
IRU and the Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals
When the United Nations adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in 2015, this had broad implications for IRU. Many of the Sustainable Development Goals for the next 15 years touch upon transport in some way.
Projects and Campaigns
Taxi of the Future
Taxi of the Future is the initiative to build this new paradigm – to responsibly anticipate change – and to steer the industry ahead of the curve with a holistic vision for future mobility, which places taxis at its heart.
e-CMR is an electronic version of the consignment note used under the CMR Convention when transporting goods by road.
Golden Chariot International Transport Award
Golden Chariot International Transport Award - recognising achievement.
IRU global partners
- Bus World
- International Association of Public Transport (UITP)
- International Association of Transportation Regulators (IATR)
- International Chamber of Commerce
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- International Transport Forum (ITF)
- United Nations (UN)
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP)
- United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)
- United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS)
- United Nations Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States (UN-OHRLLS)
- United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO)
- World Bank
- World Customs Organization (WCO)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)